A big thanks to everyone who shared The REPL last week, I had the biggest bump in subscribers since it was launched. Welcome to the new subscribers!
Libraries & Books.
- kabel 0.2.0: a bidirectional wire to pass Clojure values between peers
- vase: data driven microservices from Cognitect, and a blog post about it.
- system 0.4.0 is out with some neat changes for abstracting middleware like social sign-on libraries
- lambdaroyal-memory 0.8.3: STM-based in-memory database storing persistent data structures
People are worried about Types. ?
- Read-Eval-Print-λove 004 is out
- An extremely well reasoned design document for Go’s proposal to make time measurements monotonic. It’s well worth reading for the clear thinking and technical writing.
- Planck 2 is out with Linux support
- Light Table 2017 Roadmap. I’m very happy to see continued development on it, it’s an especially great tool for beginners.
- crepl: a collaborative (!) ClojureScript REPL
- If you use core.async, it’s worth being aware of some bugs around throwing and catching exceptions
- Continuing my nerd crush on Joyent/Bryan Cantrill (whose name I embarassingly misspelled as Brian last week): Hitting the moon on the first shot. It’s about the rigorous engineering culture at Joyent. It sounds like a good way to build reliable software.