- The biggest ‘wow’ article for me this week was Pyroclast, an in browser simulation tool for an Onyx cluster. It looks like it could speed up iteration by a factor of 10-1000x.
- The 2016 State of Clojure survey has been released
- I wrote an analysis of the free text survey question
- Building a Chrome extension with ClojureScript - Hacker News Lookup
- Clojure memory leaks in production (spoiler, it was memoize)
- There are some cool project ideas for the Clojure Google Summer of Code 2017 program (Clojure hasn’t been accepted yet).
Libraries & Books.
People are worried about Types. ?
- The always excellent Dan Luu on web bloat
- A Jepsen test of MongoDB by Kyle Kingsbury. I award no points for guessing that Mongo’s first (and still in use) replication protocol turned out to be “intrinsically unsafe”
- Java 9 will change the way you traverse stack traces. Maybe it will change the way we traverse Clojure ones too?
- CLJ-1496: Add a new arity to ex-info that only accepts a message
- CLJ-1776: Test that collections are valid statements
- Aesthetic Engine 2 provides an abstract visualisation of webpages. I learnt a new-to-me term “Data Dramatisation” too.