- When to use varargs
- Clojurists Together April 2018 update is out, with the final updates from clj-http and Figwheel. Both projects have done really great work.
- Rich Hickey was on the CaSE podcast and talked about some updates coming to Codeq.
- The devil is in the details with Clojure discusses some issues that arise in larger Clojure codebases, and some possible solutions.
Libraries & Books.
- Spy is a spy/stub/mocking library
People are worried about Types. ?
But this week they are too excited about Graal to talk about it.
- Why Functional Programming Matters, translated to Clojure in the Maria cloud editor
- There’s an interesting chart showing Java and Clojure release lifetimes on a discussion of Java 10.
- Apropos has a discussion of Graal
- A discussion of Python startup time and it’s implications on large systems and programs
- cljfmt-graalvm compiles cljfmt to a native binary. This improves startup time dramatically. More discussion on reddit
- Top 10 things to do with GraalVM, from the GraalVM team
- First impressions of GraalVM
- Me on what’s new in Leiningen 2.8.0 and 2.8.1
- Reid McKenzie has got early support for rendering images and MIME data in a CIDER REPL
- lein-tools-deps lets you use a deps.edn file in your Leiningen project. Very cool.
- tools.deps also has a new feature coming to add libraries at runtime
- Some great Clojure testing links
- Java Mission Control is being open sourced.
- Stu displays your ClojureScript build size to let you find out where the volume is coming from. It has a bunch of very cool features to let you track changes over time, and see code size pre/post Closure compilation and GZIP compression.
- Robert Stuttaford continues his bridge diary